|Page (1) of 1 - 09/12/17||email article||print page|
HP Launches New PC Experiences for Work, Life and Collaboration(September 12, 2017)
- HP builds out premium commercial PC portfolio with worlds thinnest and lightest business convertible, most powerful ultraslim 14 business notebook, and first all-in-one purpose built for collaboration
- New portfolio of displays along with docks and wireless collaboration keyboard enable productivity on-the-go and at the desk when paired with the new EliteBook 1000 Series
- Expanded collaboration solutions including Sprout Pro by HP, HP ShareBoard, HP Elite Presenter Mouse, and conferencing displays enhance how people co-create and collaborate around the office
- Strategic relationship with Microsoft Corp. to enhance Skype for Business® conferencing experiences across the portfolio
CHICAGO, Sept. 12, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today at HP Reinvent, HP Inc.s largest global partner conference, the company outlined its vision to design solutions for the way people work and live, with the introduction of new premium commercial notebooks and all-in-one (AiO), along with innovative displays and accessories. As people change where and how they work, the new HP Elite 1000 Series and collaboration solutions are designed to enable greater productivity, inspiration, and exchange of ideas beyond the traditional four walls of the office.
The idea of how and where work happens is evolving rapidly, with 54 percent of work being done outside of the cube or office1 and home office hours are expected to increase by 150 percent in two years2. This evolution is driven by an increasingly millennial workforce, with 88 percent of this group expecting work and life integration of their technology3. This same group expects technology to improve their productivity and processes yet certain areas like collaboration are not up to par, with 59 percent of millennials dissatisfied with current solutions4. And with this increase in technology usage comes increased security concerns: endpoint attacks have more than doubled over the last six years5. With these insights in mind, HP is focused on enabling the next generation of the workforce to be productive and collaborative and secure no matter where they are throughout the day.
?As traditional boundaries between work and life go away, HP is focused on designing customer experiences that allow users to seamlessly transition between the two, said Alex Cho, vice president and general manager, Commercial PCs, HP Inc. ?With new collaboration solutions and the latest Elite 1000 Series, devices are engineered to deliver breakthrough thin and light design, best-in-class performance, industry-leading security and manageability, and experiences for improved collaboration that adapts to the work style and lifestyle of each user.
Recognizing that work increasingly takes place outside of the traditional office, the HP Elite 1000 Series is engineered for work and play with thin and light designs, phenomenal performance, includes the industrys brightest displays, and is designed to pass MIL-STD testing6 for the harshest environments. The Elite 1000 Series is optimized for collaboration and connectivity with: built-in collaboration keys to easily manage calls at the touch of a button, Skype for Business certifications, Audio by Bang & Olufsen, HP Audio Boost, and HP Noise Cancellation for optimized audio and video calls. In addition, The Elite 1000 Series will come with HP PhoneWise, the worlds only Windows® solution to text and call from the PC across iOS and Android devices7 for easier transitions between devices. Part of HPs most secure and manageable PCs8, these devices feature HP Sure View the industrys only integrated privacy screen9 along with HP Sure Start, HP Sure Click10, Windows Hello, and HP Multi-Factor Authenticate11 with Intel® Authenticate.
New products in the series include:
- The HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2, the worlds thinnest and lightest business convertible12, features five different modes and ink capabilities to maximize productivity, optional HP SureView, and the worlds brightest business notebook display13 with an ultra-bright 700-nit display to handle a variety of lighting conditions whether indoors or out.
- The HP EliteBook 1040 G4 is the worlds most powerful ultra-slim 14-inch business notebook14, can manage the most demanding tasks with up to Intel® Core i7 Quad Core Processors with vPro technology, optional WWAN, and long battery life. After work is done for the day, the device can moonlight as a powerful gaming station together with the optional external GPU Omen by HP Accelerator.
- The first premium HP EliteOne 1000 AiO is the worlds first AiO purpose-built for collaboration15, featuring a 2 MP dual-facing pop-up webcam for video conferencing. This AiO gives users the power of a desktop with up to 7th Gen Intel® Core i7 65W processors and optional Intel® Optane memory (cache). Three display options including a 23.8-inch FHD, 27-inch 4k display, and a 34-inch diagonal curved display offer a customizable immersive experience for video conferencing or watching a movie at home.
For employees who toggle between mobility and the need for a desktop-like experience, pairing the EliteBook 1000 Series with the right displays and accessories is key to maximizing their productivity:
- Employees who have a multi-monitor set up will be delighted by the newest line of HP EliteDisplays, which now feature an elegant, three-sided micro-edge bezel design that offers virtually seamless multi-monitor image continuity.
- For customers on the go, HP offers two options for additional ports, charging and connectivity outside the office with the HP USB-C Mini Dock and the HP USB-C Notebook Power Bank.
- Easily manage Skype meetings with the new HP Wireless Collaboration Keyboard, the worlds first wireless keyboard for Skype for Business16.
Meetings continue to be a vital element of todays workplace, with 65 percent of professionals collaborating multiple times per day17. Recognizing the importance of this workflow in an employees day, HP is expanding how it enables collaboration with:
- Sprout Pro by HP G2 makes virtual meetings immersive and visual and co-creating a simple task with dual touchscreens, a dedicated digital inking space to sketch and annotate, and a downward-facing camera to share or digitize real-world objects.
- The HP ShareBoard brings any whiteboard into the digital age by offering a real-time feed of dry-erase board activity to remote participants, along with a digital capture that can be easily shared following a meeting.
- The HP EliteDisplay E273m Conferencing Monitor is a Skype for Business certified display with a quick and easy connection to a laptop for on-the-fly collaborating with Audio by Bang & Olufsen, built-in microphone, and collaboration keys to control calls. The HP LD5512 4K Display is a 55-inch diagonal large format display for the growing set of huddle rooms and spaces in the modern office.
- The HP Elite Presenter Mouse is more than a traditional mouse that bridges the digital and physical during a conference with the ability to use a real-time virtual pointer to highlight onscreen content in the meeting space and on viewers screens.
Work is entering the experience age where there is more collaboration and creation among employees. Todays announcement reflects a close partnership between HP and Microsoft in enhancing the collaboration experience across the broad portfolio of HPs commercial products. This relationship will continue to deliver enhanced experiences with greater integration, manageability and security when using Skype for Business, as well as the planned development of future solutions.
?We are excited to see this new innovation from HP that builds upon the latest Microsoft technology, said Nick Parker, corporate vice president, Microsoft. ?With the new HP products announced today, businesses will be able to respond to the diverse needs of their globally distributed teams?helping them achieve more by better enabling collaboration anytime, anywhere.
Pricing and Availability
- The HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 is expected to be available in September for a starting price of $1,379
- The HP EliteBook 1040 G4 is expected to be available in September for a starting price of $1,379
- The HP EliteOne 1000 AiO G1 is expected to be available in September for a starting price of $1,259
- HP Elite Displays are available now for a starting price of $164
- The HP USB-C Mini Dock and HP USB-C Power Bank are expected to be available in September starting at $109 and $139, respectively
- The HP Wireless Collaboration Keyboard is available now for $89
- HP Collaboration Solutions are expected to be available starting in December
To view all of the news out of HP Reinvent: World Partner Forum, visit the HP newsroom.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1 technalysis Research, Workplace of the Future: Progress, But Slowly, Feb 2017
2 technalysis Research, Workplace of the Future: Progress, But Slowly, Feb 2017
3 Jamie Gutfreund, What Millennials Want In The Workplace (And Why You Should Start Giving It To Them), Jan 2014
4 Dimensional Research, ?Collaboration Trends and Technology, A Survey of Knowledge Workers, 2015, sponsored by Alfresco
5 Verizon, 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report, 2016
6 MIL STD: MIL-STD-810G testing is pending and is conducted on select HP products. Testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. Accidental damage requires an optional HP Accidental Damage Protection Care Pack
7 As of September 2017
8 Based on HPs unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP Manageability Integration Kits management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager as of November 2016 on HP Elite PCs with 7th Gen Intel® Core® Processors, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN
9 Based on currently available, in-market PC's, as of August 1, 2016 having physically embedded, hardware-based privacy screen. Available on select HP EliteBooks only
10 Option not available on the HP Elite 1000 AiO G1
11 HP Multi Factor Authenticate requires 7th Generation Intel® Core processor, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN
12 Based on competitors as of September 2017 of convertible, non-detachables having a Windows Pro OS and 6th or 7th generation U series Intel® Core vPro processors
13 Based on non-rugged business class notebooks as of September 2017 having preinstalled encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL-STD 810G tests with optional docking incorporating power delivery700 nit panel is optional, requires HP Sure View and must be configured at purchase
14 Based on HPs internal testing of ultra slim 14 business class notebooks as of September 2017 having preinstalled encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL-STD 810G tests with optional docking incorporating power delivery
15 Based on HPs internal analysis as of September 2017 of AiOs having built-in conferencing controls, voice audio tuning, noise reduction software, > or = 80db (tbc) audio, 1080p webcam
16 Based on wireless keyboards with dedicated Skype for Business® keys as of July 2017
17 Dimensional Research, Collaboration Trends and Technology, A Survey of Knowledge Workers, August 2015
©Copyright 2017 HP Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.