|Page (1) of 1 - 01/05/17||email article||print page|
D-Link Unveils First Apple HomeKit Enabled Camera
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- INTERNATIONAL CES -- D-Link today introduced the new Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310), the Apple HomeKit enabled camera. The first in D-Link's Omna family of HomeKit enabled devices, the Omna 180 Cam HD provides an easy way for users to monitor their home for extra peace of mind.
With an elegant, modern design, the Omna 180 Cam HD offers a comprehensive 180-degree field of view to monitor an entire room and Full HD 1080p video quality for crystal clear surveillance. The HomeKit enabled camera includes advanced security features with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Apple HomeKit technology also allows users to set up the 180 Cam HD within seconds, in just a few simple steps via the Apple Home app in iOS 10.1. Users can also get rich notifications on the lock screen of their iPhone or iPad via the Home app, showing a snapshot of what's happening in their home when motion is detected. In addition, via HomeKit, the Omna 180 Cam HD can work seamlessly with other Homekit enabled devices including triggering scenes when motion is detected.
"D-Link is excited to be providing consumers with our first HomeKit enabled camera, combining D-Link's rich experience in IP cameras with Apple's industry-leading home automation technology" said Anny Wei, president of D-Link. "We are committed to providing a better user experience for consumers, who will benefit from the enhanced functionality which the 180 Cam HD brings to the HomeKit ecosystem."
D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310) Key Features
Omna's HomeKit integration allows users to be "always home." Seeing everything through your iOS device offers extra peace of mind keeping an eye on your baby in the nursery, checking on an elderly relative, watching your dog in the living room, or helping ensure homes are safe while on vacation.1
- 180-Degree Field of View Omna is derived from the Latin word 'omnis' meaning all-encompassing. Most cameras offer a limited 130-degree lens, while D-Link's unique 180-degree solutions and de-warping technology allow users to see just about everywhere and everything.
- Dynamic Video Streaming The video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio Listen and speak using the camera's built-in microphone and speaker, so even when users are not at home they can still make their presence known.
- Night Vision See up to 16 feet in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Local Recording Record motion detection triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB. Offers more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth, all with no recurring monthly fees.
- Omna App Advanced features are available on the free Omna companion app.
- Stylish Design The camera is designed to fit effortlessly into the modern home with an elegant, discreet and stylish design.
- Motion Detection Triggers alerts and automatic video clip recording.
Availability and Pricing
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit us.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink) and D-Link's Blog (http://blog.dlink.com/).
D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. Apple and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. HomeKit is a trademark of Apple Inc. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2017. D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
1 Controlling the Omna 180 Cam HD away from home requires an Apple TV (4th generation or later) and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.1 or later.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/d-link-unveils-first-apple-homekit-enabled-camera-300386195.html
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Computers/Peripherals, Home, Audio/Sound, Camera, Family, Internet, Notebook/Laptop, WiFi/Wireless, Tablets, Security, Microphone, IPod, Digital Camera, Lens, Broadband, Family, Computers/Home Office, Communications, Digital Audio, Movies & Music, Digital Toys, Web, Tablets, Speakers, Networks,